Training goal: acquire initial breakthrough language skills.
Time needed to achieve the language proficiency level: ca 180 academic hours.
Communication skills acquired: Welcoming and saying goodbye, introducing him/herself, apologizing, asking and saying the date and time, having a phone conversation, describing one’s appearance, giving advice, asking and giving directions, filing complaints, etc.
• Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases.
• Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
• Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
• Can understand short and simple texts and messages.
• Can understand easier questions and instructions.
• Can understand numbers, prices, time.