- Name of the continuing education institution:
Multilingua Keelekeskus OÜ
- Curriculum title:
B2 level Russian communication language continuing education course, modules B2 and B2.2.
- Curriculum group “Foreign languages and cultures.”
- The total volume of study (in academic hours):
500 academic hours, of which 250 hours are contact lessons and 250 hours of independent work.
The intensive communication language course consists of 24 or 36 academic contact hours and 12 or 24 hours of independent study.
5. The basis for compiling the curriculum:
European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Target group and conditions for starting studies:
Adults who have completed a Russian language course of B1 level or have passed a national B1 level exam or have passed the B1 test on the Multilingua website.
- Purpose of the course:
To acquire language proficiency level B2 – independent language user.
- Learning outcomes:
By the end of the course the learner:
- understands longer speeches and presentations, the content of most TV shows, publicist programs and films, and, on the subject of work, understands even more sophisticated nuances.
- understands the articles written on topical issues, the position of the author, understands fiction texts
- is able to chat fluently and spontaneously, actively participate in discussions, express and justify his or her views, present supporting and opposing arguments
- can write clear and detailed texts on topics of interest, as well as essays, reports, reports and (official) letters
- Study content by subject areas:
- Me and others Fates and life stories
A comprehensive introduction of Factual information Selection of the language style. Family background, composition, etc. Family traditions. Completing various questionnaires.
- Education and culture
Information about education and studies. Understanding information about educational institutions and education. Communication skills. Special needs. Learner’s development Understanding professional texts. Different national cultures. Combs and practices. Anniversaries Scholarship application. Motivation Letter.
- Work and employment
Choice of the profession. Specialties and professions. Job vacancies, job interviews, activities at work, description of a work day and presentation of their work. Working conditions, problem-solving. Description of work tasks. Work meetings CV. Documentation Motivation Letter. Response letter.
- Service and commerce
Postal services, banking services, shops and shopping centers, insurance, beauty services, etc. Speech etiquette in service institutions. Information on his or her activities, working methods, types of services and resources. Comparison. Understanding tutorials and ads. Expression and justification of preferences. Complaint Inquiry.
- Leisure and recreation
Sports Leisure time preferences. Cinema, theater, concert and other cultural events in Russian. Leisure time services. Recreation. Planning and describing the holiday. Inquiry. Review.
Cafes, restaurants, and other catering establishments. Comparison and quality. Eating habits. Table manners and speech etiquette Special needs. Information about kitchen appliances. Safety instructions, instructions for use, etc.
- Information around us Current events
Ads, announcements, advertising. Places and activities. Current events. Protecting one’s positions. Summary. Blog
- Environment, nature conservation, weather, and climate
Weather conditions Nature Environmental pollution and protection. Local natural attractions and sights. Birds, animals, plants.
- Travel and transportation
Transport and travel services. Accommodation establishments. Sights Travel description. Preferences. Complaint and response to it. Communication with police and motor third party liability insurance. Calling for help and describing vehicle failure. Explanatory note.
- Housing and real estate
Description of the place of residence. Living conditions Homework. Maintenance. Home buying, selling, renting. Documentation Description of problems. Complaints.
- Health and healthcare
Feelings and complaints. Personal hygiene. Getting an appointment with a doctor. In hospital and in the outpatient Calling an ambulance. Drugs and drug administration, treatment methods Procedures. Medical products Health tips and guides. Lifestyle Description of an accident. Application.
- Economy and legal relations
The economic system and the legal order. Citizens’ rights and obligations. Security and crime. Monetary issues.
- Society Political views and positions. Public authorities
Private and work relations. Reasoning and defending social and political views. Organizations and groups. Participation in social life. Handling issues at public authorities. Work-related Orientation in work documents. Selection of the language style. Speech etiquette. Polite conversations. Different text types. Complaint. Inquiry.
Selection of language style
- The gender of nouns and adjectives
- The plural of nouns.
- Congruence of numeral and noun
- Study methods:
Role-playing, watching and analyzing video, listening and translation exercises, reading and analyzing texts, and writing summaries, group, and pair work.
- Independent work:
Ongoing independent work for doing at home, learning vocabulary, practicing in a language environment.
- Description of the learning environment:
Multilingua Language Center study rooms are located in Tallinn, at Pärnu mnt. 16, 3rd floor.
Six rooms have been fitted with tables and chairs to carry out the study. The study rooms are equipped with a computer, a projector, a CD player, a paperboard, bookshelves for teaching materials. In addition to study rooms, the Multilingua Language Center has an open office space with a school library, with a copy machine and a printer. All rooms have internet access. The rooms in the Multilingua Language Center meet all health and safety requirements.
13. Study materials list:
Z. Saveljeva S. Guštšina I. Mangus Vene ärikeel kesktasemele TEA kirjastus
- Requirements for completing studies, including assessment methods and assessment criteria:
The precondition for completing studies is participation in 50% contact hours.
At the end of the course, the learner must complete a B1-level graduation test/ exam inside the training company, which includes writing, listening, reading and speaking according to the topics covered.
- Assessment methods Assessment criteria
- Listening – understands longer speeches, presentations, TV news, etc.
- Reading – understands the articles of opinion and contemporary fiction, understands the complex grammatical nuances and vocabulary
- Speaking – speaking fluently with native speakers takes part in debates on topical and work-related topics, expressing and justifying their views.
- Writing – can write long and detailed letters, essays, reports, etc., comment and justify their views, uses quite correct grammar
- Document (certificate) issued upon completion of the course:
The certificate is issued when the completion requirements are met, i.e., that the learner has attended at least 50% of the contact hours and completed the graduation test. The certificate indicates the title of the course completed, the volume of the course or the number of academic hours, the time of the course, the register number of the Multilingua Language Center and the registration number in EHIS. The certificate is a signed by the teacher conducting the course and the Head of the Language Center.
The certificate is issued if the learning outcomes were not achieved (the graduation test was not completed), but the learner took part in the study. The certificate is issued according to the number of contact hours attended, but not if the learner participated in less than half of the classes. The certificate is signed by the Head of the Language Center.
- Description of the trainer’s qualification or study or work experience:
Teachers conducting Russian language courses have all the teachers’ qualifications and long-term experience in teaching Russian for adults.
- Date of approval of the curriculum: April 1, 2017