HOW TO INTEGRATE COACHING INTO TEACHING?
Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance, where the sharing of good practice builds a powerful learning platform for teachers, trainers and learners. It is a processes that enables learners to achieve their full potential.
Learning coaching skills provides teachers/trainers with the tools to help learners to find their own motivation and set the goals. It helps to create an excellent learning environment, not so much of a teaching environment.
The term `coaching` means different things to different people, but by and large it allows individuals to share their concerns, learn from others and take time to plan their own vision and learning goals.
This workshop is designed for staff members of any public or private organization active in the field of education, training and Youth who:
- want to upskill their teaching/training techniques
- wish to familiarize themselves with international best practice combining coaching and teaching
- want to meet other teaching professionals from around Europe
- feel the need to deepen their own knowledge of the English language
It should be noted that the course is also relevant for teachers of other foreign languages as the skills can and techniques taught are transferable to other languages and subjects.
In Tallinn, capital city of Estonia (member state of the EU)
30 lessons of training courses (1 lesson=1 ac. h.=45min)
14.02-19.02.2021 (register by 15.01.21)
05.09-10.09.2021 (register by 06.08.21)
Other dates may be provided upon request of 4 or more ˇ participants.
GROUP SIZE ?
4 participants minimum, 12 participants maximum
HOW MUCH (per participant)?
420 Euros + 60 Euros registration fee
Course participants from the EU countries may be eligible for obtaining financing under the European Union support programme Erasmus+. Erasmus+ projects should be submitted by schools. Please contact your school administration or the National Agency representing Erasmus+ programs in your country about the terms and dates for applying.
YES, Europass Certificate; Multilingua Certificate
Multilingua Language Center. Tallinn, Estonia
Evelyn Soidla is an adult trainer, coach and team developer. She has worked as an English lecturer/ mentor/advisor in the higher education system since 2003 and currently works as an English coach and team developer (supervision). As a trainer she is inspired by different topics: language systems, linguistics, developing teams through coaching skills, co-operation, how to reflect and give feedback, self-efficacy, etc.
As a professional coach and team developer she believes into positive change and focuses mainly on solution-focused (AI) and systemic approach. She truly believes that every individual and team has a potential, and helps to build awareness in these.
Why Tallinn, Estonia?
Estonia is located in the most northeastern corner of the EU. It is a safe and transparent Nordic country which capital Tallinn is the best-preserved medieval city in Northern Europe.
Estonia’s UNESCO world heritage Old Town is filled with medieval houses and alleyways and is still protected by the remnants of the city wall. The wealth of architecture in Tallinn means that there are many legends and stories to explore.
Estonians tend to be at least bilingual, and according to recent studies, are among the best English speakers in Europe.
From voting to signing documents online, Estonia implements hassle free and modern approach to running one’s errands. This means less bureaucracy, while adding more transparency and efficiency in some vital sectors such as healthcare and education.
All of this and much can be explored if you choose to visit our beautiful country!
Objectives of the Course
- To familiarize participants with recent developments in teaching/training
- To familiarize participants with the most used techniques in coaching
- To improve language teaching practice and offer innovative ideas for the classroom
- To give the most essential techniques and methodological approaches to teaching through coaching elements
- To develop the positive perspective (Appreciative Inquiry) in terms of linguistic expression (forming the right
- questions; the language of agreeing/disagreeing, compromising, clarifying, persuading, etc)
- To provide opportunities for reflection and feedback
- To improve participants’ confidence in their lesson delivery
- To establish connections between teachers from a variety of European backgrounds which facilitates future networking and partnership potential
Pre-course Preparative Modalities:
- Needs Analysis and educative background profile
- Online language level assessment
Practical Arrangements Intra-Course Modalities offered by the Course Provider:
- Course tutor
- Course materials
- Setting of learning objectives
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation including feedback
- Accommodation and transfer service (Optional): 2-4* hotel, self-catered flat, student residence or host family BB or HB
- Creates increased self-awareness which deepens self-reflection and delivers the most effective progress and results.
- Creates the base for improved relationships – enhancement of partnership in training/teaching process.
- Provides much more time for teachers over the medium to long term – trainers and students are more effective when they become more self-responsible and take greater personal initiative.
- Provides the tools for greater engagement by involving the students in their work, sharing responsibility for learning and creating more independence.
- Enhancement of methodological approaches for classroom practice and management.
- Better understanding of students’/trainees` needs and behavior in the classroom.
- Enhancement of teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Shared knowledge and experience with other professionals of European background .
Multilingua Language Center is one of the oldest (founded in 1994) and largest adult language course providers of Estonia. In total it teaches 20 foreign languages. It promotes and supports life-long learning. We truly believe and feel that Tallinn is a bilingual city with a Nordic safety and transparency.
Please click HERE to download the complete course program.
We are waiting forward to welcome you in Tallinn!