Language level B1
Purpose of the training: To acquire language skills as an independent language user or on a higher level communication threshold .
The time required for acquisition of the language level: approximately 200 academic hours of study, of which 120 hours of classroom work and 80 hours of independent work.
The acquired communication skills.
Expressing of opinion, issuing advice, communicating requests and proposals, obtaining information, expressing consent and disagreement, expressing satisfaction and dissatisfaction, submission of complaints and response to complaints, expression of amount and volume, expressing compassion and sympathy, discussing work and leisure issues, communicating messages, introduction of the workplace, description of working conditions, comparison of companies/institutions, writing of e-mails, etc.
• Understands simple texts when the topic is in their field of interest.
• Is able to find and understand information in everyday texts.
• Understands general reasoning in the text, but may not understand the details.
• Can write short presentations.
• Is able to describe the most important details of unexpected events.
• Can describe dreams, desires, and aspirations.
• Can describe the contents of a book or a film and their impressions.
• Can justify and explain opinions, intentions, and actions briefly.
• Is able to capture the meaning of random unknown words from the context and understands the meaning of sentences when the subject is familiar.
• Is able to follow the main points of a longer discussion, provided that the general language is being used and the pronunciation is clear?
• Understands factual information in plain language about everyday life or work-related topics.
• Is able to follow lectures or other presentations in their field, if the topic is familiar, the presentation is simple, and the structure is clear.
• Understands most of the content of recorded or broadcast when the topic is familiar, the talk is relatively slow and clear.
• Can follow many movies where the picture and the action carry the plot and where the course of events is simple and clear.