The green values of the company
The values of Multilingua are professionalism, customer focus and development. The green competency center is one of our development directions, which we strive for together.
We offer development and growth programs in a sustainable way – we step towards carbon neutrality with our small contributions.
• At Multilingua, we enable our employees to work from their home office, and the trainers to conduct trainings via distance learning, thus saving their and the learners’ time and other resources.
• We support employees in creating environmentally friendly exercise habits.
• We raise the environmental awareness of the employees.
• We do not advertise the company on paper, marketing is online.
Our green trainer
• Stores learning materials in the cloud and shares them virtually with learners.
• Prints out educational materials as little as possible and prefers to do so on both sides of the paper.
• Integrates environmental protection topics into their trainings.
• If necessary, conducts training sessions remotely.
• Uses the stairs instead of the elevator.
• Move by public transport, on foot or by bicycle as much as possible.
• Green nudges their colleagues in order to “inject” a sustainable attitude in others as well.
• When participating in training abroad, prefers green transport if possible.
Our green office
At Multilingua, we offer a healthy study and work environment that takes the principles of sustainable development into account in all areas of our operations.
• We store data in the cloud.
• We digitally sign documents and training contracts.
• We are located in an environmentally friendly location, i.e., easily accessible by public transport, on foot and by bicycle.
• We use high-quality, long-lasting IT equipment that we rent so that it can be returned at a convenient time.
• We separate our garbage.
• We use reusable dishes.
• If possible, we use daylight; we turn off the light when we leave the room.
• In online meetings, we only open the webcam for the time we are talking.
• We favor walking meetings.
• We share used books with our colleagues on a common bookshelf – we read the books, bring them back and replenish.
• We prefer tap water for drinking.
• We dry our hands with one paper towel.
• We collect draft papers to use the free space on them to make notes.
• We organize environmentally friendly team events – we eat plant-based food, the criterion for choosing a venue is the possibility of arriving by public transport, when coming by car we also pick up colleagues, we organize wardrobe airings, secret dates with a book, etc.
Our green cooperation partners
As a competency center, Multilingua is a green partner that values cooperation with other companies that share the same values. For example:
• Saku Läte (joined with Eesti Taaskasutusorganisatsioon (Estonian Recycling Organization) and they have developed an environmental policy).
• Portocus Puhastus OÜ – maintenance of the office of ML is in environmentally friendly hands. The company’s environmental management system has been audited; it meets the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
• OÜ Griin Idee (indoor landscaping)