Spice Up Your Teaching Methodology of Russian as a Foreign Language (RFL)
NB! Прочитайте пожалуйста о курсе на русском языке здесь.
The course has been created for Russian language teachers who want to refresh their language teaching skills and meet other Russian (and other) language teaching professionals from around Europe.
This course is of significant benefit to teachers and other professionals who:
- Need to upskill their Russian language teaching techniques of students and adults.
- Wish to familiarize themselves with international best practice in RFL.
- Want to meet other Russian (and other) language teaching professionals from around Europe.
- Need to deepen their own knowledge of the Russian language.
It should be noted that the course is also relevant for teachers of other foreign languages as the skills can and techniques taught are transferable to other languages and subjects.
Please note although that the language of tuition is Russian.
In Tallinn, capital city of Estonia (member state of the EU)
6 days of courses
30 lessons of training courses (1 lesson=1 ac. h.=45min)
05.11 – 10.11.2023 (register by 05.10.23)
24.03 – 29.03.2024 (register by 24.02.2024)
30.06 – 05.07.2024 (register by 30.05.2024)
11.08 – 16.08.2024 (register by 11.07.2024)
15.12 – 20.12.2024 (register by 15.11.2024)
Other dates may be provided upon request of 4 or more participants.
4 participants minimum, 15 participants maximum
HOW MUCH (per participant)?
480 Euros + 60 Euros registration fee
Course participants from the EU countries may be eligible for obtaining financing under the European Union support program Erasmus+. Erasmus+ projects should be submitted by schools. Please contact your school administration or the National Agency representing Erasmus+ programs in your country about the terms and dates for applying.
YES, Europass Certificate; Multilingua Certificate
COURSE PROVIDER ?
Multilingua Competency Center. Tallinn, Estonia
Why Tallinn, Estonia ?
Estonia is located in the most northeastern corner of the EU. It borders with Russia in the east. It is a safe and transparent Nordic country.
Although Russian is not an official language in Estonia, due to our complex recent past 40% of Tallinn’s population are ethnic Russians and 50% speak it as their mother tongue. Russian is considered an unofficial lingua franca in Estonia as it is a former Soviet country.
Tallinn is a perfect place to study and practice Russian language and culture in total immersion within the borders of the EU.
Objectives of the Course
- To familiarize participants with recent pedagogical and classroom developments in RFL
- To improve language teaching practice and offer innovative ideas for the classroom
- To give numerous techniques and methodological approaches to teaching RFL
- To provide opportunities for reflection and feedback
- To improve participants’ confidence in their lesson delivery
- To develop and consolidate participants’ Russian language skills
- To establish connections between teachers from a variety of European backgrounds which facilitates future networking and partnership potential
Pre-course Preparative Modalities:
- Needs Analysis and educative background profile
- Online language level assessment
Practical Arrangements Intra-Course Modalities offered by the Course Provider :
- Course tutor
- Pedagogic learning materials
- Setting of learning objectives
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation including feedback
- Accommodation and transfer service (Optional): 2-4* hotel, self-catered flat, student residence or host family BB or HB
- Increased confidence in using different techniques to teach Russian as a foreign language
- Enhancement of methodological approaches for classroom practice and management
- Better understanding of students’ needs and behavior in the classroom
- Improved Russian language skills: reading, writing, speaking, listening, fluency and accuracy
- Furthered knowledge of other European systems of education
- Acquisition of techniques to improve students’ motivation and the role of learner autonomy in language learning
- Teamwork and interpersonal abilities
- Increased potential to exploit texts as a language teaching resource
- Shared knowledge and experience with other professionals of a panEuropean background
- Increased knowledge of Russian culture and history
- Better knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development
Multilingua Language Center is one of the oldest (founded in 1994) and the largest adult language course provider of Estonia. In total it teaches 20 foreign languages. It promotes and supports life-long learning. Since 2016 it has been organizing total immersion Russian courses for foreigners in Tallinn. We truly believe and feel that Tallinn is a bilingual city with a Nordic safety and transparency.
Please click RKI programma na russkom 2023 to download the complete course program.
We are waiting forward to welcoming you in Tallinn!