What Lies Behind Estonia’s Excellent PISA Results? – Learn from the Top-Level Practices of our Pre-School and Basic Education
The course has been created for school management, administrators, pre-school, elementary/primary, secondary school teachers; staff of institutions involved in education who want to have an inside look to Estonia’s school system through school visits and understand what are the reasons behind the PISA success.
What is a PISA (Program for International Student Assessment) test? – The international rankings compare the performance of 15-year-olds in reading, math, and science across 79 countries and economies, including the 36 OECD member states. The rankings take place every three years.
The last results came out in December 2019 (the tests were made in 2018). Estonia’s overall aggregate score made it the highest placed European country and putting it in fifth place in the league table.
This course is of significant benefit to education professionals who:
- Want to learn how Estonia’s educational system works.
- Wish to contribute to discussion with a ‘success story’ of your own school.
- Want to interact with colleagues of the same school level from around Europe.
- Wish to develop professional English level.
Courses include expert presentations and workshops during school visits on how Estonia – the Nation of Education has achieved the miracle results at PISA tests.
Please note that the language used for the training is English.
In Tallinn, capital city of Estonia (member state of the EU)
6 days of courses
30 lessons of training courses (1 lesson=1 ac. h.=45min)
30.10-04.11.2022 (register by 16.09.22)
Other dates may be provided upon request of 4 or more participants.
6 participants minimum, 15 participants maximum
HOW MUCH (per participant)?
420 Euros + 60 Euros registration fee
Course participants from the EU countries may be eligible for obtaining financing under the European Union support program Erasmus+. Erasmus+ projects should be submitted by schools. Please contact your school administration or the National Agency representing Erasmus+ programs in your country about the terms and dates for applying.
YES, Europass Certificate; Multilingua Certificate
COURSE PROVIDER ?
Multilingua Language Center. Tallinn, Estonia
Why Tallinn, Estonia ?
Estonia is located in the most northeastern corner of the EU. It is a safe and transparent Nordic country.
As Estonia is a former Soviet country, regardless to our complex recent past Estonia is the most digitalized country in the world and according to the last PISA results:
• The results of Estonian basic school students are the best in Europe and among the strongest in the entire world.
• Estonia has the least low performers – over twice as little compared with other countries.
• Estonia has very little educational stratification compared with other countries – our educational system is homogenous and egalitarian.
Objectives of the Course
- To familiarize participants with Estonia’s qualities and standards in education – to inform how it supports children’s wellbeing and learning in schools.
- To participate at study visits and job shadowing in Tallinn: observing lessons, meetings with head teachers, teachers and pupils at appropriate school levels
- To offer innovative ideas for the classrooms’ innovation – 21st century skills and transition from non-digital to digital.
- To provide opportunities for reflection and feedback
- To establish connections between teachers from a variety of European backgrounds which facilitates future networking and partnership potential
Pre-course Preparative Modalities:
- Needs Analysis and educative background profile
- Online language level assessment
Practical Arrangements Intra-Course Modalities offered by the Course provider :
- Course tutor
- Setting of learning objectives
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation including feedback
- Accommodation and transfer service (Optional): 2-4* hotel, self-catered flat, student residence or host family BB or HB
- Furthered knowledge of Estonia’s system of education – you will get insights into the Estonian education system and hands-on experience of the various pedagogical methods used in kindergartens and schools.
- Understanding where are the roots of Estonia’s young people’s knowledge, as well as their ability to use this knowledge.
- Teamwork and interpersonal abilities
- Shared knowledge and experiences and expertise with other professionals of a panEuropean background
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Learning diary, social media updates, blogs.
- Better knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development.
- Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms; lectures, discussions, teamwork, study visits and hands-on experiences, museum education.
Multilingua Language Center is one of the oldest (founded in 1994) and the largest adult language course provider of Estonia. In total it teaches 20 foreign languages. It promotes and supports life-long learning. Since 2018 it has been organizing Teacher Training and Development courses.
Please click HERE to download the complete course program.
Nadežda Bin, teacher at Secondary School in the Check Republic, participated in the course 13.-18.03.2022
„I enjoyed the most the variety of schools, meeting the head-masters, job shadowing lessons, Old Town Game, Estonian language lessons. EVERYTHING. Certainly, I would return to Estonia in the future for another course because it has fulfilled all my expectations and because of the people I have met at Multilingua, schools … both hardworking and nice.“
Karonilina Beauxisova, teacher at Lower Secondary School in the Check Republic, participated in the course 13.-18.03.2022
„I enjoyed the most the variety of schools we have visited on all levels and the presentations/discussions with the representatives of the ministry of Education and City of Tallinn. Also, I appreciate how prepared the schools were for our visits. All in all, I had had no idea what to expect from the course and I was surprised about how much I have seen, learned, experienced. It was highly inspiring, thank you! I would return back for another course. I would like to try job shadowing in one of the schools I have visitited. I will definitely recommend Multilingua.“
We are waiting forward to welcoming you in Tallinn and discover Estonia – Europe’s newest education powerhouse!