Learning by Doing
Methodology Course for Foreign Language Teachers
Practical Approach to Contemporary Teaching Methods
The course has been created for Foreign Language language teachers who want to refresh their language teaching skills and meet other foreign language teaching professionals from around Europe.
This course is of significant benefit to teachers and other professionals who:
- Need to upskill their foreign language teaching techniques of students and adults.
- Wish to familiarize themselves with international best practice in Contemporary Teaching Methods.
- Want to meet other foreign language teaching professionals from around Europe.
It should be noted that the course is relevant both for teachers of foreign languages and for CLIL teaching practitioners.
Please note although that the language of tuition is English.
In Tallinn, capital city of Estonia (member state of the EU)
6 days of courses
34 lessons of training courses (1 lesson=1 ac. h.=45min)
26.06.-01.07.2023 (register by 26.05.23)
13.-18.08.2023 (register by 12.07.23)
Other dates may be provided upon request of 6 or more participants.
6 participants minimum, 15 participants maximum
HOW MUCH (per participant)?
480 Euros + 60 Euros registration fee
Course participants from the EU countries may be eligible for obtaining financing under the European Union support program Erasmus+. Erasmus+ projects should be submitted by schools. Please contact your school administration or the National Agency representing Erasmus+ programs in your country about the terms and dates for applying.
YES, Europass Certificate; Multilingua Certificate
Multilingua Competency Center. Tallinn, Estonia
Why in Tallinn, Estonia ?
Estonia is located in the most northeastern corner of the EU. It is a safe and transparent Nordic country.
Objectives of the Course
- To familiarize participants with recent pedagogical and classroom developments in Contemporary Foreign Language Teaching Methods
- To improve language teaching practice and offer innovative ideas for the classroom
- To give numerous techniques and methodological approaches to use modern technology in the classroom
- To introduce different outdoor activities for a foreign language teaching
- To provide opportunities for reflection and feedback
- To improve participants’ confidence in their lesson delivery
- To establish connections between teachers from a variety of European backgrounds which facilitates future networking and partnership potential
Pre-course Preparative Modalities
- Needs Analysis and educative background profile
Practical Arrangements Intra-Course Modalities offered by the Course Provider
- Course tutor
- Pedagogic learning materials
- Setting of learning objectives
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation including feedback
- Accommodation and transfer service (Optional): 2-4* hotel, self-catered flat, student residence or host family BB or HB
- Increased confidence in using different techniques to teach foreign languages
- Enhancement of methodological approaches for classroom practice and management
- Better understanding of students’ needs and behavior in the classroom
- Furthered knowledge of other European systems of education
- Acquisition of techniques to improve students’ motivation and the role of learner autonomy in language learning
- Teamwork and interpersonal abilities
- Increased potential to discover city as a language teaching resource
- Shared knowledge and experience with other professionals of a panEuropean background
- Increased knowledge of Estonian culture and history
- Better knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development
Multilingua Language Center is one of the oldest (founded in 1994) and the largest adult language course provider of Estonia. In total it teaches 20 foreign languages. It promotes and supports life-long learning. Since 2018 it has been organizing Erasmus+ Teachers´ Development courses in Tallinn.
Please click Learning by Doing Program to download the complete course program.
We are waiting forward to welcoming you in Tallinn!